Care For Double Petunia Plants
- You don’t need to water double petunias as these plants are heat tolerant. Once a week of watering will satiate their thirst unless your area usually experiences a prolonged drought season. On the other hand, those in hanging baskets and containers require frequent watering.
- Plant petunias in well-drained soil. Too much water will give you lots of stems and lesser flowers.
- Double flowered types need biweekly fertilizer doses. A time-release fertilizer makes a great solution to ensure perfect growth.
- Petunias love direct sunlight but can also do well in partial shade.
- As the seeds need to germinate, do not cover and just sprinkle them on top of the soil. Warmer weather helps them germinate faster.
- Petunias can adapt to a wide array of soil pH. However, they don’t like cold climates and they don’t want to stay dry for longer periods.